Who knows ten?
|To be notified by Email whenever a new sample
quiz is posted
enter your Email address below and specify your platform.
|1. From Moses' birth onwards through the
end of the Torah (Pentateuch), Moses' name appears in every single
parashah (weekly portion) except one. What event occurs in the week
that that parashah is read?
2. How many aliyot are given on the intermediate days of Festivals?
3. What is the only congregational service that does not include an Amidah?
4. If one has a doubt whether or not one recited a blessing one should not recite it again. What is the exception?
5. Name a sacrificial service NOT displaced by an Amidah.
6. The requirement for Torah-Reading is due to Rabbinic Enactment rather than Torah Law. Which two sidrot (Torah portions) are read (according to many authorities) in fulfillment of biblical mandate?
7. What is the most infrequent time-dependent Jewish liturgical event?
8. When is Shir HaShirim (The Song of Songs) read publicly in a synagogue?
9. What is the only Biblical event dated according to the passage of years from the Exodus?
10. When is Mizmor L'Todah (Psalm 100) omitted from Psukei d'Zimrah (The Verses of Praise) on a weekday, and why?
Who Knows Ten? is a syndicated feature available to Jewish newspapers. If you are interested in publishing Who Knows Ten? please contact Jordan Lee Wagner.
Copyright 1997 by Jordan Lee Wagner. All rights reserved.